Choosing a Wedding Reception Venue in Nottingham
Colwick Hall is a grand venue and perfect for wedding receptions Nottingham. The ancestral property of Lord Byron with its country house mansion, beautiful woodlands spanning more than sixty acres of rolling countryside including a lake is an idyllic and spectacular setting for weddings and receptions. The majestic property has more than one venue so you can choose the one that caters to your needs.
- The Grand Ballroom & Champagne Lounge can host a hundred and fifty people for an evening reception and ninety people for a wedding breakfast. The ballroom and the adjoining lounge date back to 1776. The setting offers pristine views of the lawns, the lake and a fountain that can serve as a perfect backdrop for photos.
- There is the Lakeside Pavilion with a decking area, a private bar, stage and dance floor. The views of the country park and the lake add a tinge of romance making the ambience ideal for a wedding and reception. The pavilion can accommodate anywhere from a hundred to five hundred people along with bands or other forms of entertainment.
- DeColwyck Hall & John Carr is in the east wing of the mansion capable of hosting anywhere from forty to a hundred and twenty guests. It is perfect for smaller weddings and receptions. The views of the gardens accentuate the setting.
- Byron’s Brasserie is another venue at Colwick Hall. It still has the original ornamental ceiling, there is a private entrance and the walls feature prints of the poet. Byron’s Brasserie can host a wedding breakfast of up to sixty guests and an evening reception of up to a hundred guests. If you are planning an intimate reception or a boutique wedding then this is the perfect choice.
- Last but not least, the George Stubbs, a private room tastefully decorated offering panoramic view of the lake and the gardens. It is fitting for a small wedding. The cosy room can accommodate twelve guests.
Wedding Receptions Nottingham
Of all the wedding receptions Nottingham will be hosting, Colwick Hall has one of the more interesting histories. The décor, the grandeur, the elegant settings and the pleasing views provide the perfect ingredients for a truly memorable wedding and reception. With the multiple venues at your discretion and the opportunity to personalise any of the ballrooms, lounges or pavilions, there is no reason you wouldn’t find at least one of the options perfect for your special day.