Adele’s Top 5 Beauty Tips for Weddings
One of a bride’s main concerns on the morning of her wedding is looking her best! Well worry no more – Adele Coxon, regular make-up artist to Colwick Hall has shared her secret tips for all you brides-to-be!
1. When picking your wedding makeup look, choose a key feature to emphasise. Either a statement lip and subtle eye, or go all out smokey eye with a nude lip. Never both as you may look more ‘night on the town’ than glamorous.
2. When choosing your bridal look, I love to stick to neutral tones which define and show off your best features. Neutral tones also keep your wedding images looking fresh year on year.
3. If your brows are a little sparse or none existent why not consider microblading. Natural real looking brows can be created with this fabulous technique. You’ll also have no worries of possibly smudging your perfect brows. I would recommend starting treatment for this at least two months before the wedding to allow for the two parts of treatment and healing
4. When choosing a foundation, I advise opting for a satin finish. This gives a gorgeous finish and there’s no worries of looking ‘cakey’ which can happen with Matte, or ‘sweaty or wet’ which can happen with Satin finish also gives a nice sheen over the face that makes everyone’s skin look healthy and glowing.
5. Skin preparation is key to the ultimate perfect makeup application. A course of facials on the run up to the wedding work wonders to boost skin condition and help with calming down or stopping certain skin issues. I always recommend dermaplaning facials to brides on the run up to the wedding as it really does give that natural glow back to the skin. This treatment removes all dead skin cells clogging up the facial pores as well as the tiny vellous hair from the face resulting in a super smooth canvas for a flawless make-up application.
Hope these tips help give you some inspiration! For further information please don’t hesitate to get in touch with myself.
Happy wedding planning,